SCHOLARSHIP RESOURCES & OPPORTUNITIES
- The Urban League of Rochester works to address the challenges faced by African Americans, Latinos, the poor and other disadvantaged populations. This organization offers a list of scholarships and financial aid here:
- The Rochester Area Community Foundation offers a long list of scholarships here:
- Eastman Kodak offers students in engineering, science and business scholarships equal to 100% of tuition.
Contact: Eastman Kodak Company, Financial Aid Committee, Rochester, NY 14650
- Monroe Community College offers these scholarships: http://www.monroecc.edu/depts/finaid/mccscholarship.htm
- RIT offers scholarships:
- Ithaca College offers these scholarships: http://www.ithaca.edu/giving/scholarships/named/all_students.php. For example, the Aetna Life and Casualty Insurance Foundation Scholarship is awarded to deserving African American, Latino, Asian American, and Native American (ALANA) students.
- Skidmore College is looking for a musically gifted student with high academic aspirations for their Filene Music Scholarship: http://cms.skidmore.edu/music/scholarships/filene.cfm
- Syracuse University's School of Architecture is seeking young men and women of color interested in pursuing a five-year professional degree in Architecture: http://soa.syr.edu/index.php
New York State Resources
For an overview of New York State Financial Aid Programs, go here:
HESC Grants, Scholarships, and Awards Quick Reference Chart
- New York Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) and Scholarships are for
students meeting residence, income, academic or other requirements,
as established by state law. As a result of completing the FAFSA,
your information is forwarded to the New York State Higher Education
Services Corporation (NYSHESC).
Links to Scholarship Searches